Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day Three


Whew. Today was not easy breezy. Imagine that. We had friends over last night so I stayed up a little later than usual. Violet woke around 5 a.m. so I went ahead and fed her. (She's been doing that lately. I've decided to not be a sleep nazi about it.) She went right back to sleep. It was tempting to sleep in, but the power of what-you-would-think-of-me carried me to the shower.

There's a couple reasons this is easier than I thought it would be. I have always had a very bad association with getting up early as a self discipline. Mostly because in the past I've always failed. It has never worked for me. I always end up going back to sleep mid-morning or needing a nap later in the afternoon. Or snoozing until I give up and turn the alarm off. But this time around, I have little people to take care of. Once I'm showered and ready, the girls are getting up and the day truly begins. I have no go-back-t0-bed option. And they're cute little things so I'm not bitter. Also, Ryan goes to work at 7 a.m. every day. It helps that he is up and getting ready like I am. If he was still sleeping away, I would be more tempted to snuggle back in bed with him. Or throw a cup of cold water on his face in jealousy.

My eyes are very heavy this afternoon, and I will probably crash early tonight after the girls get tucked in. Tomorrow is the last day of my experiment. But I think I'll leave the programmed alarm on my phone going. We'll see...

Oh yeah, after I took the picture above I thought to myself, "So THAT'S where Violet gets her cheeks!"

3 comments:

  1. Ha! The cheeks, that was funny. I snoozed my alarm this morning until "work out time" was over and I then I got up and took a shower. So, yeah, this one is tough for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough for all of us, I think. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity I love your blog. I read it all the time and laugh! This experiment you're doing reminds me of an experiment that Benjamin Franklin did. (Keep in mind he was a firm believer in self enlightenment) lol! His experiment was called the 13 Virtues. He created a checklist of all the days of the week, and then he had a checklist of 13 virtues... He would mark a black spot on the days he failed one his virtues. He firmly believed that he could reach perfection in his life all on his own. Here is a short blog about his 13 virtues... I think you might like to read it... I love studying history b/c it shows how similar we are to our ancestors.
    http://artofmanliness.com/2008/02/24/lessons-in-manliness-benjamin-franklins-pursuit-of-the-virtuous-life/

    ReplyDelete